Monday, July 16, 2007

Friendships


Are you blessed with friends? The kind that "sticks closer than a brother?"

I know Solomon says there is nothing new under the sun. I'm sure my experiences are similar to those of others. I have been blessed with some really special friends. Some of them I don't see that often, but
when we are together we just pick right back up where we left off without missing a beat. I love that~!

My friends have came through on numerous occasions when I needed them. They "rescued" me so to speak. Sometimes they rescue me when I don't even realize I need rescuing. Some of my friends can rebuke me and I accept that because I know they love me and are wanting to help and not injure. Some of my friends encourage me with emails and phone calls. Some love my children and accept them as their own. Some have given of themselves and of their possessions in ways that humble me and show me the love of God.

Sadly there are some who for reasons left unsaid have decided we aren't to be "friends" any longer. We have a cordial relationship but that's about as far as it goes. Others are no longer a part of our lives; their choice, not ours. It broke my heart for a while but I have come to accept it now. Maybe these fall into the "seasons of lives" category (Ecclesiastes 3:1 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.") Friends will hurt us and let us down at times. We will hurt them also. We are all human and imperfect. But Jesus will never leave or forsake us. We can always depend on Him.

I thank God for my friends who are willing to work on our relationship. When there is a problem we can talk about it and maybe even agree to disagree, but we still love each other.Ecclesiastes 4:10 states, "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"

What brought this about? A verse on a CD for a special friend. I love you~!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: