Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rainy Days and Thursdays


I think we are in the middle of a summer monsoon here. Last summer we were in the middle of a drought and water rationing. At least I've only had to water my impatients a couple of times this year. I need to borrow some one's camera and get a picture of them. They are gorgeous if I do say so myself. My kids tease me about how I always kill indoor plants so it's a real big deal to me to actually grow something and have it live.


I was in a store shopping this afternoon and when I started to leave it was POURING. I mean the flash flood kind of pouring. Of course my umbrella was out in the van. It didn't appear to be lightning so I thought of the woman Bethany spun a tale about in her blog. I decided I'd enjoy the moment even if it did mean getting drenched. And saturated I got as I slowly wandered to my car; there was absolutely no need to hurry as it wouldn't of made a bit of difference. By the time I got my bags unloaded it had slowed down and the sun was beginning to peek through the clouds. I'm sure I resembled a drowned something or other as my hair was dripping while I tried to find a few napkins to wipe my glasses so I could see to drive home.


So here I am no worse for the wear and wondering if I enjoyed it as much as I could have. Who knows, I may get another chance to try it again. We have a pretty good chance of rain for the next ten days. If only it were Monday I could try to sing "Rainy Days and Mondays." But since I'm not "down" maybe I should sing something else.

No comments: