Monday, July 9, 2007

Worship is a Huge Thing~!

Yesterday at church we saw a short film clip about worship. At one time I would have said that worship was singing songs in a church building on Sundays or Wednesday night. Although that may be a part of worship you can do that and still not worship God.

The film clip made these statements, "Worship is a HUGE thing!"
"Worship is not about us at all."
"We look at God and place Him above all else because He is worth it."

I especially like the first one: "Worship is a HUGE thing!" There are so many ways I can worship God. Singing, taking care of my family, loving people, helping someone, reading my Bible, encouraging someone who needs it (and maybe someone who doesn't), and even smiling at someone who looks like they could use a smile are ways I can worship God. I believe it's putting Him first in whatever He has called me to do and being aware of His presence in my life.

I have not had a "job" in over 25 years now. Although I have been busy nearly every day of those 25 years I have to say I'm unemployed on any type of application. If only they knew~! I have gone through times of feeling unimportant and like I am not fulfilling a purpose. Several years ago when some of my friends went back to school and started training for various vocations I had to deal with it once again. They were doing something "important" and then here am I. I lost my joy until I realized that what I am doing is important too. It's important to God because that is what He has called me to do at this time in my life. It is important to my husband and children and maybe even others I have been able to help in some small way because I am not "employed" so to speak. This is one way I can worship God.

Worship is huge. Psalm 145:1 "I lift you high in praise, my God, O my King! and I'll bless your name into eternity. 2 I'll bless you every day, and keep it up from now to eternity. 3 God is magnificent; he can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to his greatness."

No comments: