Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday's thoughts



Our pastor has mentioned the need for integrity quite a few times lately. I guess because I live a fairly sheltered life at times I am not aware of the condition of things. Suddenly I become aware of the need and see it again and again.


Our daughter works in a doctor's office. They have had to hire a couple of new people. There were several who accepted the job, and then on the day they were to start called and said they had changed their mind, etc. One person even agreed to full time work and the day she was to begin called and said she could only work part time. What is it with people? It's sad when your word doesn't mean anything.


Proverbs 22:1
A good name is more desirable than great wealth. Respect is better than silver or gold. (God's Word Translation) Obviously to some people this doesn't matter. That makes me sad for them and for our world.


Here are a couple of quotes that I like.


My prayer...........
Psalm 25:21
May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you. (NIV)




No comments: