Tuesday, January 29, 2008

what??


I just read an article about a couple who stole $8,000,000 from an armored car company to escape financial hardships. "I knew taking the money from AT Systems was wrong, but I wanted a better life," the lady confessed. They admit their guilt and then plead not guilty. I wonder if prison will give her a "better life'"?



I'm glad I have a conscience. Really glad. Without the Lord maybe I would be in search of a "better life" also. I mean, we have financial hardships. Most people do. But even in them we are SO blessed. I guess a mission trip into the "cardboard village" in Mexico changed my perspective. Suddenly my carpet and flooring didn't seem so bad. My home wasn't made of cardboard and sitting on a dirt floor. Perspective.

Now do I still want new flooring?? Definitely! But it's not as important as it once was. In time, I'll have it. But now there are other things that are more important to us.

Entry Word: perspective
Function: noun
text: a way of looking at or thinking about something

No comments: