Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Up close and personal






I stayed up last night to welcome the new year......well, kind of. I kept falling asleep as I was laying in bed watching my new TV that I got for Christmas. Donald and I took money we received for Christmas and bought a DVD player/recorder for it as well. It's awesome~! My family is the greatest. Actually I was taking a load of laundry out of the dryer at 12:00 this morning (between cat naps that is). The kids are going to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags today and of course needed something washed they wanted to wear. Of all the things in their closets of course what they want is dirty!









I still haven't started on my bathroom cabinets. I didn't feel good for a couple of days, didn't want to for a couple, and was busy the rest of the time. Eventually I will get around to it. Rebekah helped me put pictures on my walls though and they look really good. I also got a cross and a couple of picture frames for Christmas that I need to put up also. I have actually moved some of the boxes, junk, papers, old VHS tapes, and other stuff out of my room. Of course the hammer and small nails are still laying in the floor waiting to be used. I know I drive Donald crazy as he doesn't do that. A place for everything and everything in its place is my sweet husband. In theory it works wonderfully; I just can't seem to be disciplined enough (uninterrupted enough??) to make it work. I have wonderful intentions though; those should count for something right??


I've been thinking about how blessed we are. It's wonderful to be thankful to God without trying to earn His blessings. He gives because He loves us......not because we're good enough or deserve anything. The opposite is true. There is NO way we can merit His blessings. Jesus is the ONLY way to have a relationship with the living God.

No comments: