Tuesday, January 22, 2008

y=mx+b



I have a blogging friend who asked an interesting question the other day. This is her question.....
Do you think blogs should only show the good days or times or do you think it is ok to be open and real about "some" things?

I started my blog during a very "up" time in my walk with the Lord. I had lots of positive thoughts and entries. Things seem to go in a cycle in my life and then I started struggling and walking through some hard things. I don't share everything on my blog, but I decided I was going to be real and share some of my struggles also. I don't know as there is a right or wrong answer to her question. People are so different.


Today has been a struggle. In Algebra we are given the slope and a point on a line and are having to find the y-intercept. Honestly, I could care less. However it is important in our schooling. So after struggling through the explanation in the textbook (a very technical explantion of why the example worked) and having no success we finally pulled out the tape from Friday's lesson. Bless our teacher's heart. She very plainly puts it in a one, two, three simple step explanation and suddenly there is much less stress in my life. I never thought my life would involve so much algebra!


I started thinking about Isaiah 26:3. I love the way The Message puts it........
People with their minds set on you, you keep completely whole, Steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don't quit.


Do you suppose God is considering algebra in this scripture??

2 comments:

Erica said...

Your blog is one of my favorites, and I think it's because you do post the ups and downs. It helps the rest of us remember we're not the only ones with mood swings, chocolate cravings, and bad algebra days!

Speaking of algebra... maybe you could use another student?!?! I never did catch on and I think I only got half way through my book. lol I'm horrified to think I'll have to teach it someday... maybe when the time comes we'll call you over. haha

Emily said...

I was never good in Algebra . . I started out with an A the first nine weeks and dropped a grade each of the next 9 weeks . . I never got it :-)