Thursday, May 24, 2007

He who believes

I absolutely hate it when I let circumstances steal my joy. Such is my fate today. I can remember when this used to be the norm for me. I guess I have grown more in my relationship with God than I knew, for it is has been quite a while since I felt so sad and discouraged.

Life is funny like that. At least mine is. I can be rocking along, merrily rowing my boat, so to speak, and then it springs a leak. Either I can do nothing, in which case I am surely doomed, or I can work to repair it. Maybe I can plug it up and continue on with little damage. If not, I know the outcome. I have experienced it far too many times.

What will it be today? I am still trying to get my thoughts in line with God's Word. Emotions keep getting in the way. But at least I don't have to feel guilty in the midst of it all. That in itself is a victory.

1 John 5:4-5, "For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."

No comments: