Sunday, May 27, 2007

However, Wherever, Whenever

"The Lord does whatever pleases him." Psalm 135:6a NIV
The Message, modern translation, says it this way, "He does just as he pleases - however, wherever, whenever." I really like that translation.

Our pastor spoke on this today. It is true and should be so simple.......I am not God (duh). I do not know what is best (duh again). I am not in any position to decide what is best for me or anyone else. I am NOT in control. Left to myself I would be doomed.

However I find myself trying to figure out ways that God can do things. These instances usually come about when I am praying for something I need or think I need. Like God needs MY help in figuring out what and how to do something. Just who do I think I am??

Romans 12:3 says: "I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him." (The Message)

God brings it all to me; He doesn't need my help in figuring things out. Understanding who God is and what he has done for me........that's what I need to contemplate.

No comments: