Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spring Fever

I have a bad case of spring fever today. The only problem is that I don't have time to have spring fever. The last several weeks have found me running around at a maddening pace. The problem with that is that my frustration level peaks and then I get crabby. And I hate being crabby~! (If my family reads this they will probably think, "Oh, really??? I never would have guessed.")

I guess that's one of the benefits of walking in the Holy Spirit. After you've had a taste of it you don't want to settle for less. At least that's the way it is for me. I think I've had just a smidgeon of a taste and I long for more. I find myself thinking of everything I have to do, ought to do, am behind in doing, and am doing at the present time, instead of thinking about God. I need to focus on Him instead of things.

At least I'm not condemning myself over it. I've had a lot of experience in self-condemnation, believe me. Slowly I'm changing for the better. I wish it was faster or more noticeable, but it's there.............hidden amidst all my scurry-ings. What Jesus has done for us is so incredible and so freeing.

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered." Psalm 32:1 (KJV)

1 comment:

Miss Hannah said...

Oh, really??? I never would have guessed, mom ;)

I love you mom. We can all get stressed out. It just happens. We just need to try and not let it take over our day. I struggle with that too. I love you :)