Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A stamp in her passport

We picked Rebekah up at DFW Friday afternoon. She returned from Singapore and Thailand. She has always wanted to travel and have stamps in her passport. (Have you seen "While You Were Sleeping"?)

She had a wonderful time and lots of beautiful pictures. I wish I had some of those glorious flowers in my yard. I guess I will have to settle for my petunias, impatients, and others that I can't remember the names of at the moment.

She rode her elephant and bought lots of gifts for those of us she loves. I have a "Happy Coat" and an orchid in a piece of crystal she brought for me. Others have equally impressive gifts also.

It's probably a good thing I didn't realize she would be on one of the beaches where the tsunami wiped everything out. Or that she would be out in the ocean in a canoe in some lagoon without a life jacket on. I was more concerned about the flights and the layovers in Tokyo. I can honestly say I didn't worry very much. I thought about her a lot, but did a fairly good job of trusting God with her. She does, after all, belong to Him.

It is wonderful to have her back home~!

No comments: